The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Front End Developer opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar required, a master's degree is a plus
- 3-5 years of SaaS-based development experience with a strong engineering and operational background; experience leading SaaS development teams is a plus (note: we also have a role for a team lead)
- Experience building responsive SPAs using React (required), Node.js, NPM, webpack or similar build/packaging technology
- Expertise in Typescript, NoSQL databases, content management systems, graphQL
- HTML and CSS
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and other programmatic interfaces
- Ability to deliver comprehensive test automation code using Jest, Enzyme, Selenium
- Ability to research and apply emerging technologies and user experience trends required
- Skill performing root cause analysis to efficiently identify and resolve problems required
- Experience implementing new features based on provided technical and user experience design required
- Basic database design experience
- Automation testing experience strongly preferred
- AWS experience (including containers)
- Demonstrated proficiency in web development and related skills
- Responsive design methodologies
- Ability to coordinate and perform all facets of software development/testing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required; experience communicating clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders preferred
- Ability to work with multiple levels and titles
- Self-motivation with the ability to know when to seek help
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and quickly change priorities when needed/directed.
- Excellent time management skills with the flexibility and adaptability to work in a new and evolving organization
The RoleOur Product
Acoustic Content is a cloud-based content management system (CMS) that leverages AI services to help marketers build engaging digital experiences quickly and easily across all channels, applications and embedded devices. The intuitive UI enables marketers to quickly make updates to content and websites. Powerful APIs let developers place content wherever needed to provide a consistent brand experience. Our zero-configuration embedded content delivery network (CDN) ensures high performance at scale. And best of all, Content customers have access to one of the world’s largest collections of professional creative assets and an intuitive editor through our Shutterstock partnership.
Reporting to the Development Manager, as Front End Developer, you will join a talented and growing development team that is changing marketing and analytics software into a unified platform in an Agile, fast-paced, start-up like environment. In conjunction with your teammates, you will play a key role in integrating SaaS products into a single experience so that customers can easily solve business needs efficiently and seamlessly.
You will expertly develop features and functions that span a modern set of technologies including React, node/NPM modules, Webpack or similar build/packaging technology and leveraging REST services for data access.
Daily, you will participate in our morning stand-up and then begin independent work on an assigned element of a new or existing project. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders, including Product Management, Design, Information Development, Engineering Management and other architects within the organization, located in Durham or other locations, including overseas. Typically, projects are broken into elements (i.e. one person on fonts, another doing UI, one on the ribbon, etc.), so a team-oriented mind and strong communication and collaboration skills are essential. Communication skills will also be critical as you work with a geographically dispersed team and national and international contacts.
Graphic: Acoustic's Marketing Analytics solution, represented by this icon, helps marketers drive engagement with prescriptive customer analytics and insights.
More Good ReasonsGreat time to join
Officially launched in July 2019, Acoustic emerged from IBM's marketing and commerce software offerings, and is backed by private equity firm Centerbridge Partners. On day one we had 1100 employees and 3000+ clients globally, and we've been ranked an industry leader by analysts more than 10 times in the past year. At the same time, we're taking a blank-page approach to the new organization.
Centerbridge Partners is enabling significant investments in products and tools, setting us all up for success. This is the time to let your creativity shine at both the strategic and tactical levels. innovative thinking is encouraged and new ideas are welcomed.
We use the solutions we market, and current team members feel that the major projects they have done on the Acoustic platform represent their best-ever work. The platform is already widely regarded as one of the top few marketing platforms in the world, but we are investing millions over the next year to ensure it is the most advanced on the market.
The AI advantage
Acoustic always has been a pioneer and innovator in the AI marketing space. Our products leverage Watson, IBM's AI platform -- the one that beat two Jeopardy! champions. Rather than simply layering AI on top of our products, we are integrating it seamlessly into the products.
You already may know them by their former names:
- Acoustic Marketing Cloud.
- Acoustic Campaign (formerly Campaign Automation).
- Acoustic Experience Analytics (formerly Tealeaf).
- Acoustic Content (formerly Content Hub).
- Acoustic Personalization (formerly Real-Time Personalization).
- Acoustic Journey Analytics.
- Acoustic Digital Analytics.
- Acoustic Exchange (formerly Universal Behavior Exchange).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Pricing (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Promotion (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Payments (formerly Payments Gateway).
Keys to SuccessThose who excel in this role bring a creative mind and provide vision and direction on the application of technologies in solving problems for customers and internal representatives. They are deadline-driven, process-oriented, self-motivated and passionate about finding the best solutions.
Those who thrive at the new Acoustic share the company's game-changing spirit. They are driven and ready to hustle and have an entrepreneurial spirit that enables them to be innovative as well as be flexible and adaptable. In addition, they share the following qualities:
- A high-energy approach
- A collaborative spirit
- Intellectual horsepower and the ability to think on their feet
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Motivation to deliver high-quality work while also meeting deadlines
- Strong communicator who follows-up and regularly informs leadership