The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this New Business Development Executive role will be customer-focused, process-based and driven by success. To be a good fit for the opportunity, you will also have:
- 5+ years of quota carrying field sales experience with a proven track record of success
- Experience selling complex enterprise SaaS services, preferably within digital marketing (e.g. email, mobile, social, customer analytics, etc.)
- Experience selling services to executive decision-makers, understanding pain points and guiding them through the purchasing process
- Ability to assess customer business needs and relationships with qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Strong computer skills including CRM experience, Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work in the field daily and travel up to 25%
- A bachelor's degree is preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills combined with intellectual curiosity and an inquisitive, forward-leaning personality
- Polished, consultative presentation skills
- Strong business acumen, an executive presence and operational know-how
- Holistic, analytical thinker with a strategic mindset and active listening and problem-solving skills; ability to deliver creative solutions
- Coachable and collaborative
- Have the desire and commitment to do what it takes to be successful in sales
- Ability to manage tough decisions and competing priorities
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a new and evolving organization
The RoleOpportunity Overview
As a New Business Development Executive, you will be a quota-carrying field service representative responsible for identifying, assessing, and closing new business. You will develop and execute a strategic sales plan, including building a pipeline from two main lead sources -- leads researched, sourced and identified by you (50%), and those assigned by our lead generation team (50%). You will enjoy/leverage the services of our RFP team and Client Support team who guides customers through product adoption and implementation, helping them maximize the value products offer.
Sales are contract-based with the typical sales cycle lasting between 2-6 months. Depending on the size and complexity of the target company, you may work from the Director level up to the C-Suite. We think you'll find quotas are attractive and attainable.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Sales, you will join a growing team of sales professionals each working a geographically focused territory. During the first 90 days, you'll enjoy training assets, including onboarding, product and sales training through our Enablement team, your supervisor, and other sales peers and/or leaders. To ensure you have the time to learn, you will not carry a quota your first quarter.
Post-training, you will take full ownership of your assigned territory and work to meet and exceed your quota by landing new business. You will serve as the point of contact for prospective clients throughout the sales process and must be comfortable assessing client needs and handling difficult situations that arise while selling complex solutions.
More specifically, in performing your role, you will:
- Identify, assess, and close new business opportunities across product lines
- Manage a sales pipeline while developing relationships with potential buyers
- Educate and lead prospective buyers throughout the purchasing process
- Qualify marketing-generated leads assigned by demand gen team and subsequently develop relationships to close deals with these potential customers
- Develop customer relationships throughout client organizations to drive initial sales and encourage long-term customer relationships
- Create and deliver accurate sales forecasts for personal sales funnel
- Successfully manage client support teams for mapped accounts
More Good ReasonsGreat time to join
Officially launched in July 2019, Acoustic emerged from IBM's marketing and commerce software offerings, and is backed by private equity firm Centerbridge Partners. On day one we had 1100 employees and 3000+ clients globally, and we've been ranked an industry leader by analysts more than 10 times in the past year. At the same time, we're taking a blank-page approach to the new organization.
Centerbridge Partners is enabling significant investments in products and tools, setting us all up for success. This is the time to let your creativity shine at both the strategic and tactical levels. innovative thinking is encouraged and new ideas are welcomed.
We use the solutions we market, and current team members feel that the major projects they have done on the Acoustic platform represent their best-ever work. The platform is already widely regarded as one of the top few marketing platforms in the world, but we are investing millions over the next year to ensure it is the most advanced on the market.
The AI advantage
Acoustic always has been a pioneer and innovator in the AI marketing space. Our products leverage Watson, IBM's AI platform -- the one that beat two Jeopardy! champions. Rather than simply layering AI on top of our products, we are integrating it seamlessly into the products.
You already may know them by their former names:
- Acoustic Marketing Cloud.
- Acoustic Campaign (formerly Campaign Automation).
- Acoustic Experience Analytics (formerly Tealeaf).
- Acoustic Content (formerly Content Hub).
- Acoustic Personalization (formerly Real-Time Personalization).
- Acoustic Journey Analytics.
- Acoustic Digital Analytics.
- Acoustic Exchange (formerly Universal Behavior Exchange).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Pricing (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Promotion (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Payments (formerly Payments Gateway).
Keys to SuccessSuccess in this position will be measured by the annual contract value of sales, multi-year contracts sold, lead creation, and conversion rates. In addition, to be a successful internal partner, you'll be a relationship builder and team player who supports others as they'll support you.
Those who thrive at the new Acoustic share the company's game-changing spirit. They are driven and ready to hustle and have an entrepreneurial spirit that enables them to be innovative as well as flexible and adaptable. In addition, they share the following qualities:
- A high-energy, passionate approach
- A collaborative spirit
- Intellectual horsepower and the ability to think on their feet
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Motivation to deliver high-quality work while also meeting deadlines
- Strong communicator who follows-up and regularly informs leadership