The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Technical Support Analyst opportunity, you will have:
- 2+ years of technical support experience in an enterprise software company; supporting external customers; web applications or analytics software strongly preferred.
- Formal training in web technology and academic understanding of applications and code.
- Knowledge of and/or background in HTML, APIs, Java, XML, basic networking, and database concepts (such as Oracle and/or AWS).
- Understanding of web systems work (physical, logical, hardware, software).
- Understanding of databases, preferably Oracle and/or AWS.
- Understanding of how the different components in a web system fit together and affect each other.
- Proven customer relationship skills.
- Very good communication skills.
- Self-reliance and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team-player approach.
- Fluency in English.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- Coding skills in any language, ideally Java.
- Experience (and/or interest) in mobile technologies and concepts, such as Android/iOS applications, push notifications, SMS.
- Experience (and/or interest) in email and online marketing technologies.
- Second or third-line (tier 2 or 3) support experience.
- Experience with environment configuration.
- Infrastructure troubleshooting experience.
- Experience in digital marketing and web analytics.
The RoleOur Support Team includes about 100 people all over the world, including the United States, India, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan and Australia. You'll join the newest cadre in Poland. Globally the team resolves 25,000 tickets a month for clients and internal users.
You will provide clients with beginner to advanced “front line” telephone, web, chat and e-mail technical support. You'll use your proven technical expertise and customer service skills to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
More specifically, you will:
- Respond to, resolve and document all incoming cases reported by customers via phone, web, chat and other support channels as required.
- Provide first-line diagnostic/troubleshooting support and technical expertise to answer customer questions, troubleshoot and resolve specific product related issues, while maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Provide assistance with explanation of product features and, as appropriate, with the deployment of product upgrades and software patches.
- Conduct independent research in order to find solutions to customer-reported cases. As appropriate, escalate cases to Engineering and track cases through to closure.
- Effectively utilize customer support soft skills to maintain a positive working relationship between Acoustic and its customers and partners, validated through maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Escalate documented cases promptly to internal teams as required, while maintaining ownership of resolution and client communications.
- Identify trends across clients, cases and/or teams to initiate proactive measures/processes combatting potential problems.
- Develop deep technical understanding and become certified on Acoustic software products, including Campaign, Analytics, Content, Exchange, and Personalization.
- Apply leadership skills to liaise between clients, client success, product engineering, and offering management teams as the client advocate for issue resolution as well as prioritizing product enhancements and defects. Requires communication skills tailored to the audience at any specific time.
- Prepare FAQs, upgrade notes, knowledge base articles and other support documents.
- Follow all Support guidelines and processes for case handling.
- Assist with other reasonable duties as may be required being adaptable to ever changing business needs.
Graphic: This icon signifies Campaign, our AI-powered, SaaS-based digital marketing platform that puts the power of data insights in the hands of the marketer to design more effective campaigns that exceed customer expectations.
More Good ReasonsGreat time to join
Officially launched in July 2019, Acoustic emerged from IBM's marketing and commerce software offerings, and is backed by private equity firm Centerbridge Partners. On day one we had 1100 employees and 3500+ clients globally, and we've been ranked an industry leader by analysts more than 10 times in the past year. At the same time, we're taking a blank-page approach to the new organization. Fresh thinking is encouraged and new ideas are welcomed.
Commitment to the leading edge
We are investing millions of dollars over the next few months to ensure we have the most modern platform on the market. This includes revamping products to feature future-looking technologies, including built-in AI. You'll play a key role in these efforts. In addition, we're committed to staying ahead of the technology curve, in order to ensure our open technology platform maintains its competitive edge.
The AI advantage
Acoustic always has been a pioneer and innovator in the AI marketing space. Our products leverage Watson, IBM's AI platform -- the one that beat two Jeopardy! champions. Rather than simply layering AI on top of our products, we are integrating it seamlessly into the products.
Acoustic is led by a team of former IBM executives with deep experience in this industry. Additionally, the development program in Poland will be headed up by Mateusz Urban, a subject matter expert. Mr. Urban previously was Director, Oracle Marketing Cloud Campaign Service, EMEA Consulting; Director, Oracle Maxymiser, Online Optimization Global Campaign Services - Oracle Marketing Cloud; and spent 13 years with Procter & Gamble. He's easy to get along with and places a high value on collaboration.
You and your teams will support a portfolio of highly successful products; you may know them by their former names:
- Acoustic Marketing Cloud
- Acoustic Campaign (formerly Campaign Automation).
- Acoustic Experience Analytics (formerly Tealeaf).
- Acoustic Content (formerly Content Hub).
- Acoustic Personalization (formerly Real-Time Personalization).
- Acoustic Journey Analytics.
- Acoustic Digital Analytics.
- Acoustic Exchange (formerly Universal Behavior Exchange).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Pricing (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Promotion (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Payments (formerly Payments Gateway).
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will embrace Acoustic's game-changing, entrepreneurial spirit. This includes being innovative, but also being flexible and adaptable. The new company will continue to evolve, so you'll need to be comfortable in ambiguous and/or stressful situations. Collaboration is important, and you'll need to be able to cooperate effectively with matrixed teams, including members in different locations around the world. You should have a strong sense of ownership, including self-motivation, but you also should know when to ask for guidance.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Technical Support Analyst, you will:
- Bring the motivation to deliver high-quality work while also meeting deadlines.
- Handle multiple tasks and changing priorities effectively.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments and best practices.
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes.
- Pay attention to details while also grasping the bigger picture.