The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Senior QA Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related technical field with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile engineering teams.
- The ability to:
- Collaborate effectively with highly technical resources in a fast paced environment.
- Solve complex challenges/problems and rapidly deliver innovative solutions.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Familiarity with:
- Standard concepts and technologies used in web-based applications.
- CI/CD and DevOps concepts, tools, and practices.
- Agile tools such as JIRA.
Graphic: Acoustic's solutions are purpose-built and AI-enabled to help marketers create engaging, personalized customer experiences. This icon represents our personalization solutions.
The RoleYou will be responsible for ensuring Acoustic Marketing platform and client solutions are of the highest quality in terms of functionality, usability, security, and reliability. This will include collaborating with cross-functional software engineering teams to deliver quality solutions.
The Campaign application is the centerpiece of Acoustic’s marketing portfolio and uses cutting edge technology to provide Marketers with the best tools for engaging their customers. The Acoustic Engineering team is a highly innovative Agile / DevOps team working on an exclusively Cloud / SAAS Platform.
More specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers to fully define test specifications and test scenarios.
- Interact with product owners, user experience, and development to understand user stories and produce appropriate test scenarios using modern development methodology (TDD, ATDD, SBE) that could be translated into automated specifications.
- Interact with engineers on a daily basis to refine the test scenarios as well as troubleshoot the issues encountered during testing.
- Monitor daily automated test results and triaging failures.
- Document defects using agile tool and work with Engineering and Product Owner to minimize defect age.
- Create and execute exploratory tests.
- Manage scope changes in a flexible manner.
- Prioritize and execute test cases in a timely fashion, despite changing priorities Communicate status at the team and management level.
- Actively participate and support cross-functional team objectives.
- Advocate and support quality assurance practices within cross-functional team.
More Good ReasonsGreat time to join
Officially launched in July 2019, Acoustic emerged from IBM's marketing and commerce software offerings, and is backed by private equity firm Centerbridge Partners. On day one we had 1100 employees and 3500+ clients globally, and we've been ranked an industry leader by analysts more than 10 times in the past year. At the same time, we're taking a blank-page approach to the new organization. Fresh thinking is encouraged and new ideas are welcomed.
Commitment to the leading edge
They are investing millions of dollars over the next few months to ensure we have the most modern platform on the market. This includes revamping products to feature future-looking technologies, including built-in AI. You'll play a key role in these efforts. In addition, we're committed to staying ahead of the technology curve, in order to ensure our open technology platform maintains its competitive edge.
The AI advantage
Acoustic always has been a pioneer and innovator in the AI marketing space. Our products leverage Watson, IBM's AI platform -- the one that beat two Jeopardy! champions. Rather than simply layering AI on top of our products, we are integrating it seamlessly into the products.
Acoustic is led by a team of former IBM executives with deep experience in this industry. Additionally, the development program in Poland will be headed up by Mateusz Urban, a subject matter expert. Mr. Urban previously was Director, Oracle Marketing Cloud Campaign Service, EMEA Consulting; Director, Oracle Maxymiser, Online Optimization Global Campaign Services - Oracle Marketing Cloud; and spent 13 years with Procter & Gamble. He's easy to get along with and places a high value on collaboration.
You and your teams will support a portfolio of highly successful products; you may know them by their former names:
- Acoustic Marketing Cloud
- Acoustic Campaign (formerly Campaign Automation).
- Acoustic Experience Analytics (formerly Tealeaf).
- Acoustic Content (formerly Content Hub).
- Acoustic Personalization (formerly Real-Time Personalization).
- Acoustic Journey Analytics.
- Acoustic Digital Analytics.
- Acoustic Exchange (formerly Universal Behavior Exchange).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Pricing (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Promotion (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Payments (formerly Payments Gateway).
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will embrace Acoustic's game-changing, entrepreneurial spirit. This includes being innovative, but also being flexible and adaptable. The new company will continue to evolve, so you'll need to be comfortable in ambiguous and/or stressful situations. Collaboration is important, and you'll need to be able to cooperate effectively with matrixed teams, including members in different locations around the world. You should have a strong sense of ownership, including self-motivation, but you also should know when to ask for guidance.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior QA Engineer, you will:
- Bring the motivation to deliver high-quality work while also meeting deadlines.
- Handle multiple tasks and changing priorities effectively.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments and best practices.
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes.
- Pay attention to details while also grasping the bigger picture.