The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the UX Researcher opportunity, you will have:
- At least 3 years of experience as a UX researcher.
- High proficiency in Excel, usability study software, and statistical research software.
- In-depth knowledge of user experience and user research methodology and theory.
- A passionate approach to research methodology in general, and good understanding of statistics and analytics.
- Demonstrated experience in client management.
- Strong problem solving aptitude, business acumen and a natural curiosity for how experiences come together.
- A proactive nature and a sense of personal ownership for producing positive results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility.
- Solid communication and presentation skills, including fluency in English.
- Experience presenting complex ideas to clients and colleagues in compelling and actionable ways.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires independent self-direction, excellent time management, strong attention to detail and an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- A team player approach and experience working in an Agile software development process.
Graphic: Acoustic's solutions are purpose-built and AI-enabled to help marketers create engaging, personalized customer experiences. This icon represents our personalization solutions.
The RoleYou will support the design and development of the Acoustic Marketing platform. The Campaign application is the centerpiece of Acoustic’s marketing portfolio and uses cutting edge technology to provide marketers with the best tools for engaging their customers. The Acoustic Engineering team is a highly innovative Agile DevOps team working on an exclusively Cloud / SAAS Platform. We run development squads of 10 to 12, including front-end and back-end developers, team leaders and quality testers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and conducting qualitative and quantitative user research. You will own the research process from screening participants and defining test plans to analyzing data and synthesizing results.
- Creatively targeting and recruiting participants based on personas.
- Selecting the appropriate methodologies given timelines and constraints.
- Generating new methodologies that align with the uniqueness of our products, capabilities, or business goals.
- Choosing and defining appropriate metrics that reflect the quality of the user experience, as well as the impact of design changes.
- Effectively communicating methodologies, taking a variety of inputs including analytics, survey results, user behavior, and other data to craft actionable and unbiased recommendations.
- Exploring new tools and process improvements to improve how UX research functions and delivers value.
- Partnering closely with UX designers, UX writers, and other key business stakeholders to set the vision and direction for our Marketing portfolio.
More Good ReasonsAn established business with a start-up mentality
Debuting in July 2019, Acoustic emerged from IBM's Marketing and Commerce software portfolio as an independent company backed by private equity firm, Centerbridge Partners. It's the best of both worlds: An established business with thousands of clients globally and employees around the world, operating as a brand-new organization focused on disrupting the market. Acoustic enters the industry with market position, customer scale and a proven technology platform
Design for the now, shape the future
Unleash your own brilliance and put your strategic thinking and tactical execution skills to work solving complex challenges and delivering intuitive solutions. Help shape the future of marketing and analytics with innovative ideas and creative thinking.
Acoustic's platform represents a robust set of marketing, content, personalization, and analytics tools widely regarded as some of the best in the world. As an Acoustic designer, you get the unique opportunity to use the very products you are designing for.
The AI advantage
Acoustic is a pioneer in bringing AI to marketing and it's investing millions to remain at the forefront of this space, seamlessly embedding cognitive technology aimed at helping marketing teams be their very best.
Acoustic's portfolio has been ranked an industry leader by Analysts more than 10 times in the past year.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will embrace Acoustic's game-changing, entrepreneurial spirit. This includes being innovative, but also being flexible and adaptable. The new company will continue to evolve, so you'll need to be comfortable in ambiguous and/or stressful situations. Collaboration is important, and you'll need to be able to cooperate effectively with matrixed teams, including members in different locations around the world. You should have a strong sense of ownership, including self-motivation, but you also should know when to ask for guidance.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding UX / UI Designer you will:
- Bring the motivation to deliver high-quality work while also meeting deadlines.
- Handle multiple tasks and changing priorities effectively.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments and best practices.
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes.
- Pay attention to details while also grasping the bigger picture.