The RequirementsWe'd love you to have:
- 2+ years of experience with Angular OR/AND React OR/AND Vue.
- Knowledge of issues that may arise in cross-browser compatibility and how to solve them.
- The ability to build reusable code and libraries.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Experience with Agile product development.
- A collaborative, teamwork and learning mind-set.
- Very good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Experience with user interface build technologies (for example: Webpack, Bower, Babel, NPM).
- Experience with Git/Github.
- Experience with Struts/Dojo/Ajax.
- Experience with Scrum/Kanban.
Graphic: Acoustic's solutions are purpose-built and AI-enabled to help marketers create engaging, personalized customer experiences. This icon represents our personalization solutions.
The RoleYou will play a key role in the design and development of the Acoustic Marketing platform. The Campaign application is the centerpiece of Acoustic’s marketing portfolio and uses cutting edge technology to provide marketers with the best tools for engaging their customers. The Acoustic Engineering team is a highly innovative Agile / DevOps team working on an exclusively Cloud / SAAS Platform. We run development squads of 10 to 12, including front-end and back-end developers, team leaders and quality testers.
More specifically, you will:
- Define, design, implement and test software applications using a variety of front end technologies, including, but not limited to HTML, CSS, React, and Angular.
- Work with back end developers, front end architect, and security architect to deliver performant, resilient and secure code.
- Design and write test automation scripts.
- Assist team members in design discussions and decisions.
- Perform code and design reviews with other team members.
- Mentor and coach team members to improve product quality and development efficiency.
- Work with the support organization to respond to and investigate customer issues.
- Produce documentation for the work done so support and other members of the team understand the changes to the product.
- Interact with the Quality Analysts to define test plans and test data; identify, reproduce, and document defects; fix and verify defects.
- Interact daily with the Product Management team to clarify requirements or suggest changes during the implementation of the enhancements.
- Interact with the User Experience (UX) team to identify, design and implement the user interface portions of the WCA applications.
More Good ReasonsGreat time to join
Officially launched in July 2019, Acoustic emerged from IBM's marketing and commerce software offerings, and is backed by private equity firm Centerbridge Partners. On day one we had 1100 employees and 3500+ clients globally, and we've been ranked an industry leader by analysts more than 10 times in the past year. At the same time, we're taking a blank-page approach to the new organization. Fresh thinking is encouraged and new ideas are welcomed.
Commitment to the leading edge
We are investing millions of dollars over the next few months to ensure we have the most modern platform on the market. This includes revamping products to feature future-looking technologies, including built-in AI. You'll play a key role in these efforts. In addition, we're committed to staying ahead of the technology curve, in order to ensure our open technology platform maintains its competitive edge.
The AI advantage
Acoustic always has been a pioneer and innovator in the AI marketing space. Our products leverage Watson, IBM's AI platform -- the one that beat two Jeopardy! champions. Rather than simply layering AI on top of our products, we are integrating it seamlessly into the products.
Acoustic is led by a team of former IBM executives with deep experience in this industry. Additionally, the development program in Poland will be headed up by Mateusz Urban, a subject matter expert. Mr. Urban previously was Director, Oracle Marketing Cloud Campaign Service, EMEA Consulting; Director, Oracle Maxymiser, Online Optimization Global Campaign Services - Oracle Marketing Cloud; and spent 13 years with Procter & Gamble. He's easy to get along with and places a high value on collaboration.
You and your teams will support a portfolio of highly successful products; you may know them by their former names:
- Acoustic Marketing Cloud
- Acoustic Campaign (formerly Campaign Automation).
- Acoustic Experience Analytics (formerly Tealeaf).
- Acoustic Content (formerly Content Hub).
- Acoustic Personalization (formerly Real-Time Personalization).
- Acoustic Journey Analytics.
- Acoustic Digital Analytics.
- Acoustic Exchange (formerly Universal Behavior Exchange).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Pricing (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Lifecycle Promotion (formerly DemandTec).
- Acoustic Payments (formerly Payments Gateway).
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will embrace Acoustic's game-changing, entrepreneurial spirit. This includes being innovative, but also being flexible and adaptable. The new company will continue to evolve, so you'll need to be comfortable in ambiguous and/or stressful situations. Collaboration is important, and you'll need to be able to cooperate effectively with matrixed teams, including members in different locations around the world. You should have a strong sense of ownership, including self-motivation, but you also should know when to ask for guidance.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Front End Developer, you will:
- Bring the motivation to deliver high-quality work while also meeting deadlines.
- Handle multiple tasks and changing priorities effectively.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments and best practices.
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes.
- Pay attention to details while also grasping the bigger picture.